Issues installing PowerTools

May 14, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I tried following all the steps for installing PowerTools using the binary a couple times, but I always have the same problem with the PowerTool cmdlets not being able to find DocumentFormat.OpenXml.  For example:

Export-OpenXmlSpreadsheet : Could not load file or assembly 'DocumentFormat.OpenXml, Version 2.0.3302.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

In Visual Studio I see that the version of DocumentFormat.OpenXML that I have is 2.0.3930.0. 

I assume I need to change a reference to DocumentFormat but I don't know how to do that (I'm new to Windows development).  I tried downloading the source code.  I figured I could find the reference in there, but every time I try to open the solution I get a message that the code is under source control and it is recommended I don't make any changes.  I click okay and then get an error message saying an unexpected error occurred and it is recommended I close the app (Visual Studio 2008) as soon as possible.  Error:Unspecified Error  File: vsee\lib\vapifunctionwrapper\vapifunctionwrapper.cpp Line number:169

So I'm not sure what to do with the binary version I installed and I can't work with the source code. I know I'm probably making some sort of newbie error.  If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Jun 17, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Hi,

I had the same problem today and manage to resolve it by downloading a previous version of the SDK (2.0.3302.0). The only web site I found it on was from Russia. So here's the URL: http://www.f1cd.ru/soft/base/o/open_xml_format_sdk/open_xml_format_sdk_20_sep08/OpenXMLSDKv2.msi

Uninstall your previous version in Add/Remove programs and install this one.