Can'f find DocumentFormat.OpenXML - Win 7 - 64-bit

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I have tried to get the Export-OpenXmlSpreadshett to work with my 64-bit host running Windows 7 and am unsuccessful. I get the mmessage "Could not load file or assembly 'DocumentFormat.OpenXml, Version 2.0.3302.0 ..." I have downloaded the and tried both the Open Xml Sdk 1.0 and 2.0 and the OpenXml.PowerTools.dll binary and still no success.

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Hi Rich,

I'll take a look at this, get back.  I've been working on infrastructure for some time, haven't built the PowerTool cmdlets recently.  Now that the Open XML SDK has been released, I need to update everything, make sure that everything builds properly.  Check back in the next day or two.

-Eric

Mar 15, 2010 at 11:03 PM
Edited Mar 15, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Thanks Eric. I know I can find it under the Program files x86 but it doesn't want to load for my 64-bit workstation.
I am really anxious to get this working so I can demonstate in my class on PowerShell the ability to take information from an environment a convert it into Excel and Word documents.
Mar 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM
Hi Eric, how is the update coming?
Regards,
Rich Beckett
Training Consultant
(510) 565-4706 - cell

Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 12:02 PM
To: Rich Beckett
Subject: Re: Can'f find DocumentFormat.OpenXML - Win 7 - 64-bit [PowerTools:205030]

Hi Rich,

I'll take a look at this, get back. I've been working on infrastructure for some time, haven't built the PowerTool cmdlets recently. Now that the Open XML SDK has been released, I need to update everything, make sure that everything builds properly. Check back in the next day or two.

-Eric